Sunday 22 December 2013

Simplicity - Natural Everyday Make-up


There's a quote which I totally agree with:

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”. Helena Rubinstein 

As long as you are willing to make an effort, you can always make yourself look and feel beautiful. 

I have to confess I love sleeping. Therefore I negotiated with myself to spare at least 5 minutes to touch up my face before I leave the house. Yes, 5 minutes. Honestly, once you get the hang of this simple make-up routine, it would probably take you 2-3 minutes. ;)





I was once told the best make-up is to look as if you have no make-up on at all. Therefore I wanted keep my daily make-up as natural as possible, yet enhancing my features. Below is a list of products which I am currently using for my natural-looking make-up:



BB Cream: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-In-One B.B. Blemish Balm Cream (Light)
Powder: Nars Loose Powder (Eden)
Lip BalmMarks and Spencer Lip Care
Black eyeliner: Browlash Ex Water Strong Liquid Liner (Black)
Brown EyelinerDolly Wink Pencil Eyeliner (Brown)
Lipstick: Revlon Coloustay Ultimate Suede Lipstick (No.10, Womenswear)

  1. Cleanse, tone and moisturise your face.
  2. Apply lip balm on your lips.
  3. Apply BB Cream evenly on your entire face. 
  4. Lightly apply powder on your face, this helps reduce shine. 
  5. Apply black liquid liner on upper lash lines.
  6. Apply brown pencil liner on lower lash lines/waterlines.
  7. Finish off by applying lipstick/.


Now your basic natural look is complete. You could fill in your eyebrows and apply mascara according to your personal preference. For this look I only apply mascara every now and then, because I think it looks fine with or without it. 

Make-up is fun and there are no set rules for it. You can always play around with it to see what suits you best. 

If you just started exploring the world of make-up, I would highly recommend you to start off with a simple make-up routine. This will help you understand your complexion and develop new make-up techniques. It is always good to start off with the basics. 



I made a step by step video of my basic everyday make-up routine. Feel free to make changes to it according to your personal preference. Hope you like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...